Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis
1.88m or 6feet 2inches
Daniel Day-Lewis Net Worth
Daniel Day-Lewis was born in Greenwich, London, England, UK (April 29, 1957). His father is a poet, Cecil Day-Lewis and mother is an actress, Jill Balcon. Day-Lewis graduated from the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in England. He won Academy Award 3 times; In 1990, ‘My Left Foot’ for Best Actor – In 2008, ‘There Will Be Blood’ for Best Actor – In 2013, ‘Lincoln’ for Best Actor.
Day-Lewis’ first cinema film experience was with ‘Gandhi’ as Colin in 1982. His first major cinema film role was with the film ‘The Bounty’ as John Fryer in 1984. His next major role came with the film ‘My Beautiful Laundrette’ as Johnny in 1985. He took first leading role in the film ‘The Unbearable Lightness of Being’ as Tomas in 1988.
The most known movies of Daniel Day-Lewis;
- The Last of the Mohicans (1992) with Madeleine Stowe, Wes Studi
- Gangs of New York (2002) with Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz, Liam Neeson, John C. Reilly
- There Will Be Blood (2007) with Ciarán Hinds, Paul Dano
- Nine (2009) with Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Marion Cotillard, Sophia Loren, Kate Hudson
- Lincoln (2012) with Sally Field, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, Tommy Lee Jones
He is married film director Rebecca Miller from 1996.